토,일,공휴일 휴무

자유게시판

Top 10 Suggestions With What Is Yoga

페이지 정보

profile_image
    작성자 Olivia
    댓글 0건 조회 2회 작성일 24-10-12 05:08

본문

Therefore the converse truth also holds - individuals can save the world from the stranglehold of class society in its final stage - global capitalism - only by expanding their awareness. While the things we do with our bodies might resemble Yoga or Tai Chi, it should be carefully delineated what we believe about our bodies being temples of the Spirit so that it is entirely clear to the world what makes us different than them. The birth of The NEW Yoga marks the dawning of that ‘god’ - a ‘god’, which is not a supreme being ‘with’ awareness but IS awareness. Only in particular Hindu yogic traditions do we find a recognition of that ‘God’ which is not a supreme being ‘with’ awareness but IS awareness, infinite and unbounded. This is the basic myth born of property- and class-based societies, a myth unquestioned by the fundamentalist dogmas of both secular science and all those religions which see ‘God’ as an ultimate or supreme being - rather than as an ultimate, supreme or divine awareness. The next step would be identifying how both Hinduism (or spiritual Indian wisdom or whatever moniker you give it) and Christianity see the intrinsic relation between the spiritual and physical realms.

And, since the first Adam, Christianity has always looked forward to the coming of the Christ. Within the context of the so-called ‘clash of civilizations’ - in reality the clash of reactionary Christian fundamentalism and global military and economic imperialism with reactionary political Islamism - a renewal of this, the inner truth of what is called ‘Hinduism’, could play a vital role in bringing about a global revolution in awareness. Buddha taught that life is misery and decay, and that it has no ultimate reality. The rhythm of the body, the melody of the mind and the harmony of the soul creates the symphony of life. This sect of 2,000,000 has greatly influenced Hinduism regarding the belief that all life is sacred. Instead it allows us to conjoin our consciousness with that infinite and universal awareness which IS God - an awareness of which our own being and all beings are a unique portion and expression. Yoga means union -the union of body with consciousness and consciousness with the soul. Yet this is revolution that cannot be achieved through political means alone - let alone through war or violence - but only through raising humankind to a higher level of awareness.

Only a revolution in awareness can prevent capitalism from destroying the earth. Awareness is not a luxury that we can only afford to give ourselves at special times through commercial, profit-driven classes in ‘yoga’ or ‘meditation’. Mental and moral self-purification seem to give most Buddhists hope for liberation. Within yoga there are many schools and traditions. Melanie Haiken, in "The Little Red Book of Yoga Wisdom", p. What passes as ‘Yoga’ today then, has become little more than a global commercial industry - a respectable bourgeois ‘opium’ for the middle classes of East and West. Time is the very space of awareness, more or less expanded or contracted, that we feel in the moment. The basic need expressed in this crisis however, is to find a way of ‘being-in-time’ and ‘being-in-the-world’ that is no longer dominated by ‘busy-ness’ - by doing - and aimed only at having what we need to survive, or more. Self-healing is not a miracle and has nothing to do with doing something, being able to do something. The global economic culture of ‘work’ is effectively still a system of enforced economic conscription or ‘wage slavery’ - serving nothing but the ruthless exploitation of both human beings and nature.

Clear illustrations are easy to follow. Felicia Tomasko's observations are interesting, but I'm not so sure if male antipathy toward yoga is due to anything particularly deep or philosophical. I'm about as wussy as a male can get, and even I found yoga a little too "feminine" for my taste. Maybe if I found the right teacher. I personally enjoy yoga, but I don't need a lot of philosophy thrown in. For all the practical purposes of Yoga, the man, the working, conscious man, is so much of him as he cannot separate from the matter enclosing him, or with which he is connected. Though yoga teachers pay lip service to the ‘Bible’ of classical yoga - ‘The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali’ - this makes no reference to Hatha Yoga as one of the branches of yoga, nor does it describe systems of yoga postures or Asanas. I took a yoga class once, just as I once took an aerobics class.

If you have any type of inquiries concerning where and how you can utilize what is yoga, you could contact us at the website.

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.